Guided Tours of the College
The College is open to the public on particular dates during the school holidays for pre-booked group tours, numbering 15 or more.
Visitors will have the opportunity to see the various chapels and historic rooms within the building. This includes the Great Hall with portraits of the seven former pupils awarded the Victoria Cross and the table on which Cromwell is reputed to have slept the night before the Battle of Preston in 1648.
The College is also blessed with an awe-inspiring collection of artefacts reaching back to the sixteenth century. Amongst this collection is an Egyptian mummy and Arthur Conan Doyle’s school desk.
Guided Tours of the Collections
Opened in December 2017, the College’s Chapel Museum has the oldest museum collection in the English-speaking world, dating back to 1609. The Collections focus on religious history and come from all over the world, reflecting the fact that the College has long been a global community.
Objects on display include:
- First Folio of Shakespeare
- Medieval manuscripts
- Prayer books belonging to Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth of York
- Natural History Collection
- Historic Church Vestments
- Manuscripts written by Gerald Manley Hopkins
2018 Opening Dates
Saturday 10th February – Sunday 18th February
Friday 23rd March – Sunday 15th April
Tuesday 29th May – Sunday 3rd June
Saturday 7th July – Monday 8th August
Friday 19th October – Tuesday 30th October
Thursday 13th December – Friday 21st December
|Guided Tour of the College||£7.50 per person|
|Guided Tour of the College Collections||£10.00 per person|
|Combined Option – Tour of the College & Collections||£15.00 per person|
- Please allow up to 1 ½ hours for tours of the College and the tours of the Collections
- For the combined option, please allow a minimum of 2 hours
- Refreshments on arrival and/or lunch in the refectory are available to pre-order on request
- Minimum number of 15 people for guided tours