As part of the Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival, we are delighted to launch the Stonyhurst Young Filmmaker Competition!
The competition is open to young people aged between 18 and 25 years of ages, and hopes to provide a fantastic opportunity for young filmmakers to showcase their skills to a wider audience. The winning filmmaker will be announced on the evening of the open-air screening of Bohemian Rhapsody and will have their film showcased on the night of the performance!
Film Competition Requirements:
- The film must be written and produced by young person(s) and must be original material.
- Young person(s) must be between the ages of 18 to 25.
- The film should be between 15 and 20 minutes in length.
- There are no restrictions on themes or genres.
- The closing date for applications is Friday 19th July.
How to apply:
- Complete our Young Filmmakers Competition Application Form & Media Consent and send to email@example.com
- Email us an electronic copy of your film to firstname.lastname@example.org (Films can also be sent via WeTransfer or Dropbox)
- If you have any questions regarding the competition please contact email@example.com / 01254827014.
What happens next?
Films will be shortlisted down to five finalists. You will be notified over email if you are a finalist.
The winner will receive two complimentary tickets to our outdoor screening of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody‘, and have their film premiered on the night.
The winner will also receive our prestigious Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival award.
Important Information on Copyright
Copyright laws protect those who work in the creative industries, allowing them to be rewarded fairly and to continue to create music, film and TV programmes. It also means that the creators are able to invest in new content, albums, films and TV. So before you use music for your film, it is important that you familiarise yourself with the legal aspects of this. We advise you read the copyright section on our website for more information.
Please note, we will only accept films which feature original or royalty free images and sound. We will not be able to accept any films that do not adhere to this. Do make sure that you use original music or have obtained the right to use other sourced music. Avoid commercial chart or know tracks as these will not be copyright free.