The Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival is owned and managed by Stonyhurst Enterprises, Clitheroe, BB7 9PZ.
Upon purchasing a ticket, the ticket holder agrees to be bound by the terms & conditions below, as well as the rules and regulations found within the FAQ section of this website and the additional rules and regulations relating to the venue.
- Tickets are available to buy online only by visiting our website https://enterprises.stonyhurst.ac.uk/literature-film-festival/
- Tickets include access to the College and gardens, as well as the 425 Anniversary Exhibition, and free parking on the day of the festival.
- All tickets purchased are non-refundable.
- Ticket holders must be aged 12 and over.
- The amount payable for tickets will be debited immediately from your credit or debit card. By requesting tickets through the website, you are placing a booking request for them on these Terms, which are only accepted, and binding on us once we have debited your card and sent you a confirmation booking reference, which will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you.
- Tickets purchased will be emailed to the email address provided at the time of sale and should be shown at the entrance to the event on a printed page or on a mobile phone, tablet or other device. Mobile signal is very poor at the venue so tickets shown on a mobile device should be saved as a PDF or screenshot prior to arrival. We will also have a record of your name and purchase on the door. Customers arriving without a valid copy of their ticket may be refused entry.
- You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you represent and warrant that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
- Bookings made on the website are encrypted for security. However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not entirely secure and whilst we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any card information you impart, we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments and alter programmes, special offers and incentive rates at any time without notice.
- You consent to the filming, photography and sound recording of your participation in any event, as a member of the audience. It is your responsibility to inform a member of staff at the event if you do not want to be filmed or photographed.
- Recording by you of any kind is strictly prohibited during the event, without our prior written consent.
- The information on the website is correct at the time of submission to the website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled. We will make all reasonable attempts to promptly notify purchasers of any such cancellation but make no guarantees in this respect.
- In the unlikely event of the Literature & Film Festival being cancelled due to an event including those deemed as; a Force Majeure (acts of god, war, hostilities, acts of terrorism, riot, explosion, storm, disease, or any other natural disaster, serious accident or injury, Government control and international incidents), tickets unfortunately will be non-refundable.
- In the event that a talk is cancelled, Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival will endeavour to contact all ticket holders as soon as is possible. The website will advise of the cancellation and this information will also be displayed on our social media accounts including Facebook. Please check these sources of information frequently on the day of the event.
- If necessary Stonyhurst Enterprises reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute writers without notice to another title deemed suitable for the event and its audience. We may need to change venues for particular events at short notice.
Refusal of Admission
- The Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival would advise customers that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or rejected from a venue on account of; late arrival, being (or appearing to be) under age as specified by the event organiser, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking on the premises), carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- The Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entry or eject any person who is intoxicated, causing a disturbance to other guests, or for any other reason relating to security and/or safety. This person will not be entitled to a refund. Anyone suspected of taking or under the influence of illegal drugs or legal highs will not be admitted and/or will be removed from the venue. Stonyhurst Enterprises decision in this regard is final.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded or returned and all ticket purchases are final. Tickets will not be refunded if the ticket holder is no longer able to attend or is refused entry due to not meeting the terms & conditions.
Smoking is not permitted on College Grounds. This includes vaping.
No dogs or other animals are allowed at the Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival out of respect for other guests. The only exception to this will be guide dogs.
There will be toilet facilities on site including disabled toilets.
The College itself is a Grade 1 listed building as has limited disabled access. We will do our upmost to make the event as accessible as possible but if you would like any further information or have any specific requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.
Disabled parking is available on-site to blue-badge holders. If you require disabled parking we advise that you contact the venue in advance to reserve a space.
Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival is not liable for any damage or loss you suffer at the event (including without limitation personal injury or damage to or loss of property) save to the extent caused by the negligence of the Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival or its staff.
Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival’s liability in respect of loss or damage caused by its own negligence shall be limited to the price paid for entry to the event but for the avoidance of doubt this limit shall not apply to the Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival or its staff.
For any additional information, please contact Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival.
- On-site cafe and hot drink facilities
- Free on-site parking
- Toilets on site
Vehicles and guests’ property are brought on to the event site at your own risk. Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of any item. Stonyhurst Literature & Film Festival will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of guests’ property howsoever caused.