The Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival is owned and managed by Stonyhurst Enterprises, Clitheroe, BB7 9PZ.
Upon purchasing a ticket, the ticket holder agrees to be bound by the terms & conditions below, as well as the rules and regulations found within the FAQ section of this website and the additional rules and regulations relating to the venue.
- Tickets are available to buy online only by visiting our website https://enterprises.stonyhurst.ac.uk/literature-film-festival/
- No tickets will be on sale at the event. All tickets purchased are non-refundable.
- The amount payable for tickets will be debited immediately from your credit or debit card. By requesting tickets through the Website, you are placing a booking request for them on these Terms, which are only accepted, and binding on us once we have debited your card and sent you a confirmation booking reference, which will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you.
- Tickets purchased will be emailed to the email address provided at the time of sale and should be shown at the entrance to the event on a printed page or on a mobile phone, tablet or other device. Mobile signal is very poor at the venue so tickets shown on a mobile device should be saved as a PDF or screenshot prior to arrival. Customers arriving without a valid copy of their ticket may be refused entry.
- You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you represent and warrant that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
- Bookings made on the website are encrypted for security. However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not entirely secure and whilst we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any card information you impart, we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments and alter programmes, special offers and incentive rates at any time without notice.
- You consent to the filming, photography and sound recording of your participation in any event, as a member of the audience. It is your responsibility to inform a member of staff at the event if you do not want to be filmed or photographed.
- Recording by you of any kind is strictly prohibited during the screening, without our prior written consent. It is a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any film or other copyright material, punishable on conviction with an unlimited fine and imprisonment of up to a maximum of ten years.
- It is your responsibility to check age restrictions relevant to the screening, and to check your tickets when you book as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- The information on the website is correct at the time of submission to the website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event or screening has been cancelled. We will make all reasonable attempts to promptly notify purchasers of any such cancellation but make no guarantees in this respect.
- In the unlikely event of the outdoor screening being cancelled due to an event including those deemed as; a Force Majeure (acts of god, war, hostilities, acts of terrorism, riot, explosion, storm, disease, or any other natural disaster, serious accident or injury, Government control and international incidents), tickets unfortunately will be non-refundable.
- In the event that a film is cancelled, Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival will endeavour to contact all ticket holders as soon as is possible. The website will advise of the cancellation and this information will also be displayed on our social media accounts such as Facebook. Please check these sources of information frequently on the day of the event.
- If necessary Stonyhurst Enterprises reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute films without notice to another title deemed suitable for the event and its audience.
Refusal of Admission
- The Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival would advise customers that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or rejected from a venue on account of; late arrival, being (or appearing to be) under age as specified by the event organiser, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking on the premises), carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded or returned and all ticket purchases are final. Tickets will not be refunded if the ticket holder is no longer able to attend or is refused entry due to not meeting the terms & conditions.
- The event will go ahead regardless of the rain. We ask you to please check the weather forecast beforehand and be prepared for the chance of rain. We also suggest making sure you wrap up warm as the evenings can get cool when the sun sets and the film starts. Screenings will only be cancelled if the weather conditions present a danger at screening time.
- Tents, windbreaks and umbrellas will not be allowed at the Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival out of respect for other guests. They either block the view of others or cause any rain to be deflected off yourself and onto others.
Age restrictions & ID
- Entry to films and events is restricted by the classification given by the British Board of Film Classification or others. We are required to refuse admission to anyone who is below the minimum age required by the relevant classification.
- Guests aged under 18 years can only attend if a parent or guardian accompanies them.
- Babies and small children are not allowed to attend out of curtsy for our other guests.
- Film classifications still apply to open air cinema so the film must also be suitable for any guests.
- We reserve the right to require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic ID if you are going to a 12A, 15, 18 film. If you are unable to prove your age you will be not be able to watch the film and will not be permitted entry to the event. We reserve the right to ask for such proof at any time you are at the event. Tickets purchased for person/s under the classified age will not be refunded.
Alcohol & Drugs
- Alcohol will be sold at the event, it may only be bought and consumed by guests aged 18 and over. Anyone who appears to look under the age of 25 will be asked to provide an accepted form of ID proving that they are 18 years or older. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 18 to attempt to purchase alcohol and any underage ticket holders attempting to purchase alcohol will be rejected without a refund.
- The Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entry or eject any person who is intoxicated, causing a disturbance to other guests, or for any other reason relating to security and/or safety. This person will not be entitled to a refund. Anyone suspected of taking or under the influence of illegal drugs or legal highs will not be admitted and/or will be removed from the venue. Stonyhurst Enterprises decision in this regard is final.
No seating is provided. Customers may bring picnic rugs and low backed seating. Warm clothes and blankets are advised; also, a mat for underneath in case the ground is damp. Chairs are welcome but you may be asked to sit at the side or the back to avoid blocking other people’s view of the screen.
Smoking is not permitted on College Grounds. This includes vaping.
No Dogs or other animals are allowed at the Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival out of respect for other guests. The only exception to this will be guide dogs.
There will be toilet facilities on site.
The College itself is a Grade 1 listed building as has limited disabled access. Externally, the cinema will be situated on grass across tarmacked roads. We will do our upmost to make the event as accessible as possible but if you would like any further information or have any specific requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival is not liable for any damage or loss you suffer at the event (including without limitation personal injury or damage to or loss of property) save to the extent caused by the negligence of the Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival or its staff.
- Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival’s liability in respect of loss or damage caused by its own negligence shall be limited to the price paid for entry to the event but for the avoidance of doubt this limit shall not apply to the Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival or its staff.
- For any additional information, please contact Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival.
- Please bring your own blankets or low-backed seating
- On-site bar and hot drink facilities
- Food will be available from our gourmet partners
- On-site Picnics welcome
- Free on-site parking
- Toilets on site
Vehicles and guests’ property are brought on to the event site at your own risk. Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of any item. Stonyhurst Literature and Film Festival will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of guests’ property howsoever caused.
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. The event will go ahead regardless of the rain. We ask you to please check the weather forecast beforehand and be prepared for the chance of rain. We also suggest to make sure you wrap up warm as the evenings can get cool when the sun sets and the film starts. Screening will only be cancelled if the weather conditions present danger at screening time. We also suggest you bring a torch to assist with finding your way back to your car.
Q. Can I bring food and drink?
A. Yes, please bring along a picnic (including alcohol) there will also be food and drink available to purchase throughout the evening. Please bring cash as some venders will not accept card. BBQs are prohibited.
Q.Will there be seating ?
A. No, seating is provided. Please feel free to bring your picnic rugs and low backed seating. Warm clothes and blankets are advised; also a mat for underneath in case the ground is damp. Chairs are welcome but you may be asked to sit at the side or the back to avoid blocking other people’s views of the screen.
Q. Can I smoke?
A. Smoking is not permitted on College Grounds. This includes vaping.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
A. Unfortunately only guide or assistance dogs are allowed at the event.
Q. Will there be onsite parking?
A. Free parking is available on site. There will be a short walk to the Outdoor Cinema showing. Disabled drop off and parking will be available to blue badge holders; please contact us prior to the event to reserve your space email@example.com
Q. Will there be toilet facilities?
A. Yes, including disabled toilets. Some will be permanent and others will be hired in.
Q. Will there be disabled access?
A. The College itself is a Grade 1 listed building as has limited disabled access. Externally, the cinema will be situated on grass across tarmacked roads. We will do our upmost to make the event as accessible as possible but if you would like any further information or have any specific requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.
Q. Can I purchase a ticket on the door?
A. You will not be able to purchase tickets on the door. Tickets are available via the online booking form.
Q. How will I receive my ticket?
A. You should receive a ticket via email once you have purchased these, you must bring this to the event and will not be permitted to enter the event without one.
Q. Can I attend if I am under 18?
A. All under 18s must be accompanied by an adult as in line with the Alcohol Licencing Objectives. Unfortunately the event is unsuitable for children under the age of 12.
Q. Will there be subtitles?
A. Unfortunately there will be no subtitles for this screening.
Q. Do you have a group booking discount?
A. Yes, if you are booking for a group of 10 or more people, tickets are £13.50 each. You can book this on the website, or feel free to contact us to arrange it for you.
Q. What if the event is cancelled?
A. Where possible we’ll try to reschedule, sometimes this isn’t possible due to time restrictions or licensing requirements so you’ll have the opportunity to transfer your ticket to another event. If you’re unable to attend any other event or rescheduled date, we’ll refund your ticket in full.
Q. Can I get a refund?
A. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds on ticket purchases. We appreciate that sometimes circumstances mean that you can no longer make an event, in those situations please try to pass the tickets on to a friend or family member as we are unable to offer refunds if you decide not to come.