The Old Chapel Museum will be open to visitors for access between 10.00am and 5.00pm daily during the Literature & Film Festival.
- Entry is £5.00 per person. Tickets for both Friday and Saturday are available to buy on our website.
- There are allocated times for entry throughout the day. Museum Tickets can be booked on the hour, between 10.00am and 4.00pm.
- Maximum capacity in the museum at any time is 70 persons.
- Unfortunately, due to capacity in the museum, access is limited and must be pre-booked via the booking system.
- In the event that tickets to the museum are not sold out in advance of the Festival, tickets may be purchased on the day, but availability cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that due to the nature of a Grade I listed building, no disabled access is provided and access to the museum incorporates different levels using stairs. Limited-seating is available in the museum.
“Every item in the Collections and Historic Libraries tells a story; to teach, to intrigue, and to provoke searching questions about our past and the present world we inhabit.” (Jan Graffius, Curator)
The newly opened Old Chapel Museum is the oldest museum collection in the English-speaking world, dating back to 1609. The Collections focus on religious history and come from all over the world, reflecting the fact that the College has long been a global community.
Objects on display include:
- First Folio of Shakespeare
- Medieval manuscripts
- Prayer books belonging to Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth of York
- Natural History Collection
- Historic Church Vestments
- Manuscripts written by Gerard Manley Hopkins