The newly opened Old Chapel Museum is the oldest museum collection in the English-speaking world, dating back to 1609. The Collections focus on religious history and come from all over the world, reflecting the fact that the College has long been a global community.
Objects on display include:
- First Folio of Shakespeare
- Medieval manuscripts
- Prayer books belonging to Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth of York
- Natural History Collection
- Historic Church Vestments
- Manuscripts written by Gerard Manley Hopkins
The museum will be open to members of the public on limited dates throughout the academic year:
Friday 22nd February 2019
Wednesday 10th April 2019
Wednesday 17th July 2019
Wednesday 24th July 2019
Wednesday 31st July 2019
Wednesday 7th August 2019
Wednesday 14th August 2019
Wednesday 21st August 2019
- Open between 10.00am and 3.00pm
- £5.00 entry – No pre booking required
- Café facilities are not available on museum open days.
Please contact a member of the Events Team on 01254 827014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the nature of a Grade 1 listed building, no disabled access is provided and the tour route incorporates access to different levels using stairs. Limited seating available.