The newly opened Old Chapel Museum is the oldest museum collection in the English-speaking world, dating back to 1609. The Collections focus on religious history and come from all over the world, reflecting the fact that the College has long been a global community.
Objects on display include:
- First Folio of Shakespeare
- Medieval manuscripts
- Prayer books belonging to Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth of York
- Natural History Collection
- Historic Church Vestments
- Manuscripts written by Gerard Manley Hopkins
The museum will be open to members of the public on limited dates throughout the academic year:
Wednesday 17th July 2019
Wednesday 24th July 2019
Wednesday 31st July 2019
Wednesday 7th August 2019
Wednesday 14th August 2019
Wednesday 21st August 2019
- Open between 10.00am and 3.00pm
- £5.00 entry – No pre booking required
- Café facilities are not available on museum open days.
No pre booking required for Museum Open Days.
Please note that due to the nature of a Grade I listed building, no disabled access is provided and the tour route incorporates access to different levels using stairs. Limited seating available.