Guided Tour of the College and Access to the Museum
Accompanied by our dedicated tour guides, join us for a tour of the College and learn more about Stonyhurst’s fascinating history.
Visit the College’s Great Hall exhibiting portraits of seven former pupils awarded the prestigious Victoria Cross. See the table Oliver Cromwell slept on the night before the famous Battle of Preston, and stand before the school desk, once inscribed by former pupil, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes.
Tours of the College, culminating with access to the Museum, can be arranged for group bookings, numbering 15 or more. Availability is limited to the school holidays.
Each guided tour runs for approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes and finishes with the opportunity to look around the Museum. Please allow time at the end to enjoy the museum.
£12.50 per adult
£8 per child (under 12)
Exclusive Guided Tour of the Museum and Historic Libraries
Led by the Curatorial Team, this exclusive private experience offers the opportunity to view some of the College’s fascinating collections in greater depth.
Private tours of the Collections are available throughout the year, subject to availability.
With due notice, tours can be tailored to specific interests.
Previous group requests for tailored tours have included:
– Medieval Art History (vestments, sculpture, paintings)
– Ecclesiastical Decorative Arts (vestments, plate, sculpture, stained glass)
– Stonyhurst’s Portraiture and Prints
– Architecture and Historic Interiors
– English Recusancy and the Reformation
– Early Printed and Rare Books
– Natural History, Scientific and Astronomical Exhibits
– Tim Hetherington’s award-winning war photographs of Afghantistan in 2007
- £20.00 per person. Maximum group number of 15.
Please contact a member of the Enterprises Team on 01254 827014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the nature of a Grade I listed building, no disabled access is provided and the tour route incorporates access to different levels using stairs. Limited seating available.
“The tour guides were extremely knowledgeable and interesting. They made the tours even more special!”