The Old Chapel Museum & Open to the Public
Stonyhurst College is home to the oldest museum in the English-speaking world, dating back to 1609. The Collections focus on religious history and come from all over the world, reflecting the fact that the College has long been a global community.
Objects on display include:
- First Folio of Shakespeare
- Medieval manuscripts
- Prayer books belonging to Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth of York
- Natural History Collection
- Historic Church Vestments
- Manuscripts written by Gerard Manley Hopkins
We offer access to the Old Chapel Museum on specific dates throughout the year, as well as guided tours of the College.
Why not combine your trip to Stonyhurst with a visit to Browsholme Hall?